|Until next year Mr. Stay Puft!|
Today I'm going to post a play-by-play of my day if you ever wanted to know what a solid 20 hours of Kicksarting is like.
- 5:39am. Three hours of sleep and my body is buzzing. Really wish I was one of those "Doesn't need sleep" guys.
- $1 pledge has been cancelled. This happens because they pledge to read the updates and then cancel.
- Red Bull and Banana.
- Reddit complained about my Kickstarter news being in video games. They don't allow Kickstarters. So, I moved it to news.
- 6:60am. Onto the message forums to answer everyone's questions. Keeping up on dozens of conversation I have going is essential. I'm using Google's Chrome where I'm signed in to sync bookmarks. I have a folder called "Forums" where I put a favorite of every forum I've posted in and I check all of these once in the morning and night. Many don't have email notifcations that work. I answer everyone's questions. I literally had met a strange and he said "Thanks, I'll check out the project." I responded "Great, let me know if you have any questions." and boom, $99 donation for the NES Shadow Box.
- 7:00am. Spending my time in forums like this . This isn't promoting, it's campaigning like a president 19 days away from election night. People are very passionate and divided about us doing a Ghosts 'N Goblins game. Got a Kickstarter notfication about a comment. Better go respond!
- 7:05am. Someone just pledged $99 for a Shadow Box (Skeleton Package). BOOM! Off to go tell them thank you for contributing 10 times what we are asking. This is a perfect example of me talking, and pledges happening. If you are constantly talking with someone in a message forum not only is it fun, and answer everyone's questions, but it makes the thread rise to the top of the list. Currently 67% of our pledges come outside of Kickstarter.
- 8:00am. Mother-in-law is recoverying from minor surgery so paying her a visit. J (wife) drives while I'm on my iPhone the whole time. Facebook, twitter, email, ...never stop talking.
- 9:46am. Respond to a comment on Kickstarter.
- 12:14pm. A $10 pledge is cancelled, no reason given.
- 1:38pm. Brian Thompson, helps me re-tool my Reddit post. My first time ussing Reddit.
- 1:52pm. $49 Magician Pledge comes in. I send thank you note.
- 2:23pm. Twitter Ads approves my account for promotional tweets. Took over night.
- 2:44pm. $10 pledge made. I immediately contact them and say thank you!
- 3:07pm. Send an update to backers about this blog for people who like behind the scenes.
- 3:19pm. Pledger increases their pledge from $49 to $99 for the NES Shadow Box. I send them a thank you note. I love how popular the box is. The idea came from my wife being a huge Zelda fan. I bought her a mint condition original "The Legend Of Zelda" on eBay for Christmas almost a decade ago. I put it in a shadow box for her to display so it just wouldn't be in a box somewhere in storage. Little did I know I was planting the seeds for the future.
- Constantly cleaning inbox from Twitter notices. Followers, DMs, etc.
- 5:00pm. Wife finishes taking down all outside Halloween decorations I put up with a baby and a toddler. No easy job as we are hard core. For example, our 8.5' Stay Puft Marshmallow man.
- 6:00pm. Took a 26 NASA power nap to keep going. My hero, Nolan Bushnell suggests it in his new book, Finding The Next Steve Jobs. This book, and Derek Sivers Anything You Want are my two favorite business books, hands down.
- 7:00pm. Went to McDonalds and shouldn't have. This schedule makes me crave junk. Curses! Sent emails while I was waiting in the drive-thru.
- Son is working next me to on letter to Santa. Mother and friend just contacted me for Thanksgiving plans. A great reminder I'm less than 3 weeks away from this campaign ending.
- 8:00pm-1:00am. Facebook, Twitter, forums.
- 12:44am. Falling asleep as I tweet. But quickly review this and post!